Skip to main content

Manic Monday


So. Cinco de Drinko is over and although I woke up hangover free this has still been a MANIC MONDAY if i've ever experienced one. I had to increase the size of that font so you guys could grasp the full effect. Overslept. Missed Bus One. Bus Two was delayed due to a wheelchair boarding causing me to miss Trolley One and how ironic is it that Trolley Two was also delayed by a wheelchair boarding. I woke up late but I was still asleep through all of this. I purchased a Monster, collected my change and conveniently left the Monster in the store. You're kidding me, right? Nope. No kidding. My first reaction was to get a drink. I found myself craving a martini. Shot of Jack. SOMETHING strong to take the edge off. Yes. At 9am these thoughts were present. Don't judge me. 
See? You can't judge me. That picture is wrong but it's so freaking funny. Wait, where was I? Oh, yes. My Manic Monday. I had a great breakfast courtesy of my lovely place of employment, my work day was a breeze, I went back to the store on my lunch break and my Monster has carried me to this point. Date Night is approaching. That should make me smile. We're keeping it simple tonight; dinner and a movie. The movie of the evening is 'Long Distance Revolutionary' based on the life and revolutionary times of deathrow inmate, Mumia Abu Jamal. Interesting topic so expect a review from me tomorrow filled with my raw opinion, a couple quotes and of course, cheesy selfies of me and my #HIM.
Peace & Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bold, Brown, & Beautiful

"She's cute for a dark skinned girl."  "Stop acting light skinned." We've heard all these phrases. Some of us even say these phrases. But under the surface what do they mean to us? The other day I walked by a young girl with a cute puffball ponytail. She complimented me on my hair and I smiled, exchanging compliments with her. As I kept walking I started to wonder if she liked my hair because it was long and straight or if she really, at about 8 or 9, liked my teased mane. It may sound conceited but I really worry about our female youth. I automatically thought about the infamous Oprah baby doll episode. Then I thought about Chris Rock's 'Good Hair' documentary. One thought led to another and I wanted to hug every little brown girl I saw because the media pushes so much on them I just want to protect them. But then I thought about it and in this situation you sort of have to work from the top to the bottom because if we're the li

Dear Diary...

Dear Diary, So. Clearly I haven't posted anything in about two weeks. I blame this little fact on LIFE. Well, actually, I would LIKE to blame life but I think I will blame REALITY instead. Life goes on around me and mentally I sometimes shut down. Luckily for me, when it comes to work I move in autopilot so I don't have to be fully present mentally to get the job done physically.  Well. At least that's what I thought. These past two weeks that I haven't written I lost two people very close to me. One I grew with for almost a decade and one I've watched grow. One whom I share a bloodline with and another who is family but doesn't share a drop of blood with me. I pushed myself to keep going because I know life will keep going around me and I fear I'll get left behind. I force myself to bury my emotions because I don't want to appear broken, although if anything were to break me this would be it. I force myself to not only stand up straight and shake it off

Thanks.

At this point in life I have so much I could complain about. School. Work. Family. Love. You name it, I can complain about it. But I won't! Because the flip side of these possible complaints is that for every single one, I can find more than one thing to be thankful for. We ask for so much. I ask for more freelance gigs, I ask God to wake my Adam, I ask God to send me someone to pay my tuition, but I realized I don't need more things to thank him for I need to be more thankful. When I figured this out everything around me began to make more sense. So. Today I wasn't in the best of moods and I felt like my patience was being tried but instead of lashing out I looked up because there's so much to be thankful for I won't waste a second pondering what ifs and why nots, instead I'll be thankful for what I do have, because I know there's more where that came from. Ten Things I'm Thankful For 1. God. The power of prayer. The FAITH I have in his ac